There are so many interesting things to know about weather science that you may rarely find in normal books but they are still worth noticing. Scientists usually keep on doing some experiments on weather science and come out with various crazy, funny and wonderful concepts that you must know. If you want to train you kid with all science wonders then weather science can also be included in their data base that will help them for long run to build strong concepts for future.
Below are few quick- crazy facts about weather science that will force your mind to think twice about wonders of nature:
- The rain drop which is moving at its fastest speed can hit a human by 18mph at maximum.
- 90% people of all those who die during Hurricane are observed to be died due to drowning.
- The coldest temperature noted in History was – 126.9 degree Fahrenheit and it was recorded at Antarctica’s Vostok Station.
- The time consumed between the evaporation and precipitation of a water droplet use to be very high as during this period it can travel thousands of miles.
- Weather Science says that the lifetime of any tiny cumulus cloud use to be somewhere between 10 to 15 minutes at an average.
- A corn field of almost one acre area is proven to serve about 4000 gallons of water every day in the evaporation process.
- The water molecules use to stay for about 10 to 12 days in earth’s atmosphere.
- Any snowflake falling from sky with a maximum speed of 2 to 4 mph can usually take one hour to reach at ground surface.
- Every single minute of a day contribute in 1 billion tons of rain falling on earth.
- The surprising fact is that at an average there are almost 1800 thunderstorms along with 100 lightning strikes/ second in earth’s surface.
- The lightning bolts are observed to travel up to 60 miles in general.
- You will be amazed to know that a lightning bolt use to travel with a speed of 14000 mph and it is responsible for bringing about 300000 volts electricity to ground at once.
- The air present around a lightning bolt gets heated up to 30,000 degrees Celsius and this temperature use to be about five times higher than that of sun’s surface.
- The chances where people get struck in lightning use to be for one among three millions.
- Till now the biggest hailstone was recorded in United States that was having total size of 7 inch which is almost equal to a soccer ball.
- The sad part is that lightning use to burn about 10000 forests every year in United States.
- In just a one day the hurricane use to release such a higher amount of electricity that is enough to serve general electricity needs of all nations for about 6 months.
- One inch of rain water use to be equivalent to about 15” of powdery, dry snow.